Old April 1st 21, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]

Default I Need To Know

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:16:52 PM UTC-6, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote on 4/1/2021 10:04 AM:

But my best safari memories are of when my partner and I took our LS-6a, a trailer, and a
1,000' rope and hit the road. We swapped off, flying straight out one day and driving the car
and trailer in pursuit the next day, rinse and repeat. I don't think we ever launched where
tows were available except for Day1 leaving home base.

NOW you're talking REAL safari!

The Smirnoff Sailplane Derby had to be the ultimate Sailplane Safari.
Getting a dozen pilots together for a week or so would be great fun-safety in numbers.