Old May 2nd 18, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Inreach

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:53:16 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:14:46 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
https://www.cabelas.com/assets/produ...rvice_plan.pdf

Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?

T8

Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.

I was looking at the Safety plan, looks like $15/active month plus $25/year.

Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.

T8