Old February 7th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default To blow or not to blow...

On Feb 7, 3:29*pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:

I believe most states, if not all, consider driving a privilege rather than a
right. *In North Carolina, you give up that privilege if you refuse a
breathalizer. *Yes, you might avoid a DUI, but I doubt you're going to enjoy
walking everywhere for the next year. *Then there's the matter of the fee they
charge to reinstate your license.

I've got to say, it's just not worth it to drink and drive. *After many a night
with my head in the bowl praying to the porcelain god, I've come to certain
conclusions: *1) *getting drunk is fun. *2) *Being drunk isn't... when you get
right down to it. *3) *Recovering from a drunk is bloody awful. *Given those
three facts, it seems to me that there just isn't enough reward to justify tying
one on.

Now, I am not a teetotaler. *I am not above enjoying a beer or a good single
malt scotch... but I either drink at home or I let somebody else drive me if I'm
feeling a buzz.

And frankly, I've had a life that has been more enjoyable with a clear head than
with a befuddled one.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I second your post. Flying is too important to me to jeopardize it by
a deliberate action.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html