Old November 15th 05, 02:24 AM
Bill Daniels

Default EFIS

"faadpe" wrote in message

ALCON....

I have a Dynon EFIS in my Nimbus 3, 26m. I have been cloud flying for
almost 10+ yrs in Florida...all legal, there are a lot of
misconceptions of this...but according to the current FAR, in the USA
cloud flying is legal.

With the EFIS, I have a Tru-Trak T&B, however, the preferred T&B is
always a 6 degree per sec turn versus a 3 degree per sec turn...due to
the slower speeds that sailplanes maneuver during thermalling.

Check out the Dynon site, they are very reasonable, simple to install
and small amperes draw as well:

http://www.dynonavionics.com

The ASH more in likely exceeded his Vne based on air density &
temperature, encounter flutter...then you know the rest of the
story...

Shawn

--
faadpe
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they

fly -

Guy Acheson wrote:

Shawn,
This group is discussing gliders. Battery powered
gliders. The Dynon units require 8 to 12 Watts! This
does not seem like a very practical instrument for
gliders.

That's one reason why I'm looking at Li-ion batteries.

Bill Daniels