Old April 23rd 04, 11:52 PM
Jon Kraus

As usual Cecil well stated ... :-) I sure don't know about "having it
all together" but it sure looks good on paper !!! My CFII was on
vacation this week so I called him to tell him of my gloom adn doom... I
could tell by his comments that he was just shaking his head and kinda
laughing knowing that I really can do this "flying thing"... I go up
with him on Monday and get rechecked on Wednesday... Thanks again Cecil
for the kind words.... Hopefully I won't have to be kind to you when you
take your test. :-) JK

Cecil Chapman wrote:

This is a VERY good point, though it would be more accurate to say that
performing a holding pattern truly involves a heightened level of
situational awareness - I think,,,, more so, than most of the instrument
flying skills.

Thankfully, though we are dealing with Jon and most of us know that he has
it all together and that he just 'brain faded' a bit when it got to the
holds. Actually, upon re-reading his account, he had to be exhausted
halfway through his checkride,,, I'd say there was even more pressure on him
than in a 'normal' checkride experience.

Good observation/point, though... very good!