Old July 7th 04, 04:49 PM
Bob Gardner

My only problem with it is that when you have to do two steep turns
back-to-back you must be ready with lots of forward pressure as you roll
through wings-level...if you are not anticipating it you can gain a couple
of hundred feet in a heartbeat.

Bob Gardner

"Roger Long" wrote in message
A friend of mine's IFR instructor showed him something I've never heard

of.
He rolled in 2 - 3 turns of nose up trim on our 172, pushed on a rudder
pedal, and went into a nice level steep turn without touching the yoke.

I'm
not sure if this is practice for proper turn entry or a way of entering an
emergency turn partial panel without the danger of over banking.

Can anyone shed further light on this maneuver?

--
Roger Long