Old April 24th 05, 01:45 AM
Matt Barrow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

economy on that metric? The Nasdaq is down 61% from its high five

years
ago.

Very true. Stock market valuations measure only the investing
communities optimitism or pessimism about future stock prices. :-)

Based on..... :~)

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham.

I meant "What generates their optimism or pessimism?".

Why does the stock market lead/go in the same direct as "The EconomyŽ"?

One thing about the stock market, it can't be BS'ed too long, regardless of
the crap the Feds and the media put out.

The market started to tank in March, 2000, even though the administration
then was telling everyone that things were fine, right up to the November
elections that year.

Then too, it can be foolishly optimistic (I hate the "irrationally
exuberant" poop), as in the dot.com craze. Yet, how much did the murder of
the telecom industry have to do with the dot.com collapse and
subsequent/parallel market implosion?