Old January 16th 15, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Muy suspicioso?

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:39:09 -0800, krudawg wrote:

" It is imperative that you respond IMMEDIATELY to this email in order
to begin receiving the SSA's monthly newsletter. You will NOT receive
the newsletter until you respond by clicking the link below this
message"

I hope it's legit cause I clicked on it

Personally, when anybody tells me I MUST respond or click something, I
immediately smell a rat: usually a salesdroid or a spammer.

One way to see what you've got is to look at the e-mail headers. The LAST
'received' header is the first hop the mail made and in this case should
be the SSA, assuming they mailed it to their bulk-mail contracter. The
From: header should carry an SSA address and often the Message-ID header
will end in the sender's domain name, e.g ssa.org

If your mailreader won't let you inspect the headers in a e-mail,
consider getting a better one. Similarly, I NEVER run with preview on
because if the mail is carrying nasties its too late once you've seen the
preview. Think about it: to show you the preview, the reader must have
opened the mail and already tried to show you all the pictures etc, so if
any of them had nasties hidden in them, you've already been attacked.

Me, I never turn preview on and always look at the plain text by default
because the fancy HTML/web-styled version of the e-mail can have all
manner of unpleasant things hidden in it.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK