Old February 21st 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Blanik L-13

On Feb 21, 1:02*am, Eric Munk wrote:

Do the EASA approved STC and sell it to Europe. Or sit it out until the STC
gets FAA approval. It will be worth the trouble.

What I'd do is try to sell the glider into an EASA region without
doing the STC. The glider would not command so great a price that way,
but I would not have to bear the risk that the glider would not pass
the inspection prerequisite to the modification, nor the risk that the
glider thus modified would not command a price that covers the cost of
the modification.

In aviation, the risk is often the most expensive thing, sometimes
even more so than labor hours or carbon fiber.

Thanks, Bob K.