Old December 10th 05, 08:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default MDW Overrun - SWA

roncachamp wrote:
We don't know that SWA was at fault. Let's wait for the investigation
to be completed before we assign blame.

The NTSB will find pilot error. That's a given. I'm not suggesting the pilot
made a mistake; only that the NTSB will make that a finding. It's their way:
"PIC failed to maintain clearance from ground obstacles".

Anyone want to bet? Can you feel my love for the NTSB?

All that being said, I feel sorry for everyone involved in this. The flight
crew will carry the sense of guilt forever and the family who's child died will
always associate snow with loss now.

Nobody should be too quick to assign guilt in this. None of us were there.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE