Old February 6th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pilot Compensation - FAR 61.113

Bad idea, you can lose your certificate, void your
insurance, be sued and lose your home.

some support

"Henry" wrote in message
| Here's a question for all the FAR/AIM experts:
|
| Each year our childrens' school has a charity auction to
raise money
| for various events, services, and equipment. My wife
had the idea that
| I could donate a one hour flight, which could be
auctioned for the
| benefit of the school.
|
| I'm thinking that I'm OK here, but wonder what the
collective wisdom
| may have to say. My rationale is this: I will receive
in no way,
| shape, or form any compensation for my flying, from
anyone.
| Essentially, I'm donating my expenses (rental, etc.) to
the school and
| I expect nothing in return. In reality, I'd go flying
anyway on a nice
| Saturday in April whether or not someone is tagging
along with me. I
| often take friends and acquaintances with me and again,
I don't expect
| or deamand any compensation from them. Is this any
different?

| Thanks for your input!
|

| Just go do it and don't run around telling everyone about
it.