Old June 24th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Jun 24, 9:45 am, wrote:
On Jun 23, 1:55 pm, wrote:
Cessna says that a full third of the selling price goes toward
set-asides and insurance for them against possible future lawsuits
involving that airplane. The actual manufacturing cost, once that
third is removed and profit taken out, would be much lower. That
doesn't help us, of course, since lawyers and stupid juries and
irresponsible "pilots" will make sure it stays that way.

One has to wonder if Cessna would allow a that 1/3 (or 1/4 or 1/8) to
be given back to the buyer as a rebate in exchange for
indemnification.

Nope because how are you going to get one signed by yet to be married
wives, not yet born children, second, third and 50th owners. Not to
mention every passenger who might ever fly in the plane.

So we have found yet another topic on which you are clueless. I really
think you are MX.