Old May 7th 19, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Buying a Glider

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:30:09 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
So you’re saying that all experimental gliders need program letters? I didn’t see any mention of a program letter in the glider I am buying.

That depands on how the original operating limitations and program letter were written.
Some have just a few paragraphs and just one program letter. DO NOT let the registration expire on that one.
Some (mostly newer) have several pages of limitations and the requirement of an annual program letter.
If an FSDO is specified in the original and that FSDO is no longer operational, or if the aircraft is moved away from that FSDO's jurisdiction you may have to redo the paperwork. Again, depends on the wording.
But in my experience, it's more difficult to fix the bad title on a glider trailer than comply with the details of an EXP registration.
Jim