Old February 7th 18, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Hard Deck

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:12:32 PM UTC-6, Steve Koerner wrote:
Landing off field is just part of soaring.

I agree Steve - every time one takes off, they need to be prepared for an off field landing.

Actually, it's a fun part of soaring.

Not for me - besides the increased risk, it is a total pain in the ass. Time, retrieve, disassembly in a field, etc. Did I mention lost contest points

I think the risk of landing out is a key "turn off" for potential soaring pilots and potential contest pilots. (Maybe#1.)

I am a huge fan of the training one gets through the SSA Badge process.

Lou