Old September 21st 20, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike maskell[_2_]

Default CAUTION - Active Scam Attempt on W&W Classifieds

He has also contacted me regarding our glider for sale. Suspecting it was a scam by the content of the message I played along giving him a bogus snail mail address to send the check, which was going to be certified for $15K more than our asking price. A couple of days later I let him know that we had a small snag while flying the glider. Told him the modulator valve had failed and that we could put in a replacement valve for no charge but if he wanted the updated valve that allowed him to interface with his flux capacitor more easily it would be $300. He said he was going to check with his client and then let me know. I am still waiting.