Old February 23rd 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Komet Trailer Rims

Several locals have replaced their old axle to get new torsion rubber and a
softer trailer ride. They report that it's an easy job. I plan to do the
same as soon as my soaring budget allows.

Bill Daniels

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
Bill Daniels wrote:
For about the same price as Mercedes rims, you can buy a complete trailer
axle and rims that meet US specs. Visit your local trailer supply store.
Changing axles is a simple matter of four bolts. While you are at it,
you might want to shift the axle 6" to the rear to improve handling on US
roads.

Probably not so simple when it is sitting in some dark corner of a customs
impound warehouse...

Marc