Old October 13th 03, 05:08 AM
Pooh Bear

Bill Mulcahy wrote:

"Thomas Mosher" wrote in message
m...

No where in that AP report does it say there were three fires. All it
says is that there were three incidents where the windshield heat wiring
shorted out and resulted in a cracked windshield.

I knew I could expect foul-mouthed Tom to defend Boeing and the airlines.

I would think that if windshield wires got hot enough to
crack glass that would qualify as a fire,

A FIRE involves combustion - typically meaning both smoke and flames. An
overheated windshield that cracks is no FIRE.

even to the FAA. I'm sure it
would have had to be hot enough to melt the insulation on the wires
leading to the window.

You're *sure* ? Pls explain your thinking.

Graham