Old August 29th 03, 03:17 AM
David Johnson

I'll second the advice to fly early in the summer. And I'll add "Fly High"
as well. Get up above 10,000 and it will be cooler, smoother, and usually
better visibility also. Not that visibility is often a problem in Wyoming.
But if you venture very far to the East you'll see what I mean.

I have flown myself and family or friends all the way across the country
and back a number of times - without scaring them or getting too worried
myself. I have got stuck a few times - notably in Wyoming. The weather
probably doesn't turn nasty any sooner or more often in WY, but the places
to go as an alternative are few and far between. No doubt that is a factor
in my go/no go decision.

I have flown the same Cessna 182 for the past 25 years. It is entirely
adequate for my needs - and does very well at high density altitudes as
are usual for Wyoming in the summer. I'd recommend 182s to anyone without
hesitation.

Good luck!