Old June 8th 04, 10:18 AM
NW_PILOT

It would not take long for the fighter's to get there from PDX and to a
fighter a C-150 would be like a target that is standing still.

Hey gatt ever been at the end of runway 28L at PDX near the embassy suites
when a flock or fighters takes off using runway 10R? Talk about going def
every time I see them go I never have my camcorder with me one of these days
ill get video of it.

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

lol can you imagine the public backlash if an f15 blasted someone's c150

out
of the sky.

Yes. I can imagine the newsgroups full of posts complaining about that

idiot
pilot and the harm he did to general aviation. I can see the

administration
feeding the press the story that this was a huge threat and pumping up

what
terrorist damage a small airplane can do, and that there was no time to
consider alternatives (like the cops who shoot somebody who brandishes a

toy
gun). I can see this as JUSTIFYING huge TFRs around events, with multple

rings
and multple escalations of force for intrusions.

I hope it doesn't come to that, and there is a good chance that it

wouldn't.
However, I would not bet on it.

Jose