Old March 14th 05, 01:18 AM
Dave in San Diego

"Mike W." wrote in
:

Can ANYBODY give me the definitive answer on why each wing has both
red and green nav lights? A reply from someone who has flown carrier
based aircraft would be great. I have had a few replies, ranging from
'possibly' to just jokes (also appreciated!)

http://www.clubhyper.com/images/t2cb...ront-nav-light
s.jpg

I believe your answer was provided by John Weiss in a previous post:

"IIRC, the tip tank light assemblies were "universal" or interchangeable
on the Taco 2 Chalupa [T-2C]. Put it on the other side, and hook up the
light you need."

I would even venture to guess that the aircraft and tank wiring were
designed so that you just hook it up and go: L wing wired to connect to
Green, and R wing wired to connect to Red. [Or do I have that bass-
ackwards?]

Dave in San Diego