Old February 9th 06, 05:27 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Consistent CAP over a fleet from a land base

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:49:19 GMT,
allegedly declared to sci.military.naval...
In article ,
on Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:29:38 GMT,
Ed Rasimus
attempted to say .....
Simply putting big engines on barn doors does not get you supersonic
(experience with the F-4 notwithstanding.)

I had a thought, the M1 tank has a gas turbine engine, could we fit reheat to
it and use the beastie as a fleet defense aircraft ???

Less outlandish, how about a similar conversion of a jet-turbine
helicopter?

Gym "Hrm...If you put an Airwolf squadron on an LHD..." Quirk

--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk (Known to some as Taki Kogoma) quirk @ swcp.com
Just an article detector on the Information Supercollider.