Old June 15th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default PIREP: Garmin GMA340 impedance-matching audio cable

Jay Beckman wrote:

The usually black canister with a gray lid have been the enclosure of choice
for years in the US TV industry for making up all kinds of adapters, etc...

Very handy little devices...doomed to extinction in the age of digital
photography.

Jay B

Even better are the old aluminum 35mm film cannisters with the screw
on top. I've got several old projects in those, which make for a
durable shielded project box. Most of them I had were natural aluminum
on the can and kodak yellow painted tops. Good luck finding any of
those these days though.