Old April 4th 16, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Pribina Cup 2016 - Slovakia - Mid-Air?

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 7:52:41 AM UTC-6, Renny wrote:
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 5:46:12 AM UTC-6, Wojciech Scigala wrote:
Renny pisze:

A web search revealed very little info, so does anyone "out there" have any information on this "incident?"

Mid-air, one glider landed back on the airfield, second one - you know
the story. Not much more to be told even by people who were there.

It's typical for "publicity" of competition accidents to be zero.
Organizers' reasons are obvious, but on the other hand pretending
"nothing happened" doesn't make gliding community look serious.

Wojciech

Wojciech,
Thank you for the information. Hopefully, we will learn more in time. I did receive this URL with some photos:

http://nasanitra.sme.sk/c/20129950/l...e.html?ref=trz

Thanks again - Renny

Another link, in English that helps with the Google translate of the above link. Less pictures.
http://spectator.sme.sk/c/20130833/t...-of-house.html

Frank Whiteley