Old December 2nd 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Diamond Jim

Default B-58's targets in a nuclear war

wrote in message
ups.com...
Diamond Jim wrote:
"Robert" wrote in message

"Diamond Jim" wrote in message
m...

SNIP! SNIP!SNIP!

I'd like cites for your information. - - - - - -

I am not a damn librarian, look it up, this stuff is public knowledge, learn
to do your own searches, here are just a few quick ones on this subject. If
you follow the references, and do a good search you can find all kinds of
documents that have been unclassified under FOIA pertaining to this and
similar things.

http://www.acronym.org.uk/dd/dd42/42base.htm

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB22/index.html

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/japan/okinawa/okinawa.htm

http://www.nautilus.org/archives/lib...mbrella-1.html

SNIP! SNIP!SNIP!

Note (1): I never stated that all of the nukes and/or weapons systems in
Japan and its islands were deployed and operational, many if not most were
in storage (pre-positioned). The Nike missiles were, of course.

Note (2): Chiba Jima, Chici Jima, Chici Shima, Chichi Shima, (or whatever is
the current correct name is) etc all are meant to refer to the island that
had a small US Naval presence in the Bonin Islands. It is approximately 165
miles NNE of Iwo Jima (Io Jima) and approximately 610 miles SSE from Tokyo.

Probably the easiest and quickest way to confirm this, would be to do a
google on the "Nike Missiles in Okinawa".

SNIP! SNIP!SNIP!

Yep & got nothing

If you can't find pages and pages of information on this subject with a
google search then you need to learn how to use it.