Old August 7th 03, 12:28 PM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

I understand that the Duo Discus owned by The Soaring Centre, Husbands
Bosworth has been inspected by Southern Sailplanes (the U.K. Schempp-Hirth
agent) and is back at the club, ready to be flown.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Thomas Knauff" wrote in message
thlink.net...

Schempp-Hirth has issued a tech note 396-8 for Duo Discus serial numbers
165 through 389, and Duo Discus T serial numbers 1 through 78.

These Duo Discus must not be flown until the inspection and repair (if
necessary) is accomplished.

Further details of these tech notes can be found on their web site.

http://www.schempp-hirth.com

or, we can email you copies of the tech note.

Essentially, the bond between the spar and skin of the glider must be
inspected for voids.

The inspection will take 3 to 5 hours.

We are contacting USA repair shops to find out if they have the necessary
tools for the inspection and repair. Please call or email us with your
questions.

Tom Knauff
Knauff & Grove Soaring Supplies
(814) 355 2483