Old May 14th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Discovery Wings

I've been an "Expanded Basic Cable" guy for the last 20 years.. In the mid
90's Discovery Wings was included and I could watch it any time of the day
and be highly entertained. Then they moved it high up into the tier and
out of my channel range. Then it became the Military Channel.

I recently up dated my AV system to join this millennium and the Military
Channel is now in my channel line up.

What a POS!

My question is, does anyone have the back story of how the Discovery Wings
channel became the Military Channel? Everybody I knew considered Discovery
Wings a fantastic channel and I assumed it had high ratings.

Now I've got 250 channels including such winners as the Extreme Basket
Weaving Channel. I can't for the life of me figure out why some network
genius can't see the value of bringing back Discovery Wings.

:-/

--
Dallas