Old September 11th 13, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Cross country question? How is it done today?

Good advice from Bob W!

One important thing to keep in mind is to not cede control of your destiny to your devices, electronic or otherwise. They are useful, but not omniscient. They will give you information to guide your decisions, but be leery of falling into the trap of letting them make the decisions for you. Somewhere in the back of your mind, remember how silly it would sound telling an FAA or NTSB representative, or even a sheriff or irate farmer "the box said I could make it, so that's what I tried."

And don't forget to come out west for some real cross-country soaring.

Thanks, Bob K.