Old September 4th 15, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Alfonso Jurado

You'll want to get the story of when he landed that 20 on a river bank
during a Chester contest mid 80s, I believe in the town of Lockhart.
Frank or Jayne might remember.
Anybody else on RAS that was at that contest? Chip?

Another source of info: Charlie Spratt's Racing News.
That was the best source of contest info for years,
though I don't know if its been saved and digitized.
Had a few Alfonso stories.

Hope you can visit Alfonso - with dementia, until very late stages,
often the past is quite clear, the more distant the clearer.

Hope that helps!
Best Regards, Dave