Old December 5th 16, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 3:44:11 PM UTC+3, Stephan van den Berg wrote:
Hi, to correct my initial post, I've been informed that Matt was not involved in the mid-air. This from the BGA:

"Two experienced glider pilots tragically died on Sunday in two separate accidents; a collision involving a glider and an aeroplane, and separately a takeoff accident. Our thoughts are with friends and family. The AAIB are investigating."

RIP to both aviators. Sympathies to family and friends.

Takeoff accident! It's not what I'd be afraid of for Matt. And such an experienced pilot, obviously with the commercial flying in heavy jets too.