Old September 17th 19, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

I forgot to anticipate the "Were do you get off sitting down south in your sweater criticizing we Yanks?"

I forgot to admit I am ¼ American by my grandfather from Mountain Lake MN. He, being cheap at heart, jumped on the offer of 160 acres free land in Saskatchewan. Or maybe "tree land" is more accurate. 160 acres of heavily treed topsoil. In a Province as flat as (Canadian) Neil Young's voice.

So I was born down here instead of up in Minnesota and I have been so ****ed off ever since that I found relief only by writing strangely in glider forums. I could have been a Minnesotan and gone to Viet Nam, but instead I had to stay back and work on a career. I regret that the latent anger about this fact, when combined with that whole Daisy episode, and then the funeral... it has bent me forever. Luckily, under the age of 16 in Canada you can lie, cheat, steal, murder and all you get is a personalized tour of the court building and a cab home. I enjoyed meeting all those lawyers and stuff. That gave me faith there was a job for my kind of twisted brain in every court house in Canada.

And the other ¾ of me is Scots and "east Russian" as they politely termed it. So if just being Canadian is not enough reason to act cheap, add in the Scotsman's fear of spending his first dollar and you have me.

So, I am not upset about anything much. I enjoy Lewis Black a lot, and HE is upset. All the time. I am an amateur discontented fool. Give me time to hone whatever skills pop up.

Illigitimi non carborundum. Or if you're American ... "F*** 'em if they can't take a joke." God bless Joplin.

Back to knitting doilies, I am told dessert today is banana cream pie.

I remain,

Bob

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 5:05:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Now you hit on the real roots of my mental anguish. My parents bought my brother and I BB guns the same year. They thought they should do something to strengthen our corneas. The store had two models and my folks figured they better not have fights over ownership, so my older brother got the nice black and brown Winchester replica. I got the pink Annie Oakley. True. Thats why I identify as non-binary...when your first phallic symbol is a pink girl’s BB Gun made by “Daisy”... what chance did I have for sanity?

Real sorry, eh?

You seem to be really upset and confused. Thinking you were some literary genius was a mistake on your part. The Lewis Grizzard remark set you off and you have yet to recover.
Secondly you were wrong about you mother trying to improve your corneas with the pink Daisy Red Rider. She was basically trying to see if you had enough cojones to shoot your brother. Looks like the experiment failed and you continue ramble with signs of dementia from your heat oppressed brain. I am sure you will research that literary statement.