Old October 9th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Default SSA-OLC Generation 2.0

The following notice has also been posted to the OLC 2007 site:

Thuesday October 10, 2006

Dear glider pilots,

With the recent growth of the OLC it became necessary to rework the
current design of the software used. With the start of the new OLC
season we introduce the OLC-Generation 2.0. OLC-Generation 2.0 is a
total new system and vastly different from the current OLC Software.
For those of you interested in the technical terms, OLC 2.0 uses
technologies like Spring Framework with JSP, Servlet, Hybernate, Java
Beans, Spring Web Flow. Another key signature is the modular structure
of the whole system.

The main work for the new OLC 2.0 Software has been done by 5 volunteer
programmers who all have their normal jobs in the IT sector. In
addition to this we have been able to assure the support of a software
engineering bureau which we see as important to give the OLC Software
further stability.

The OLC 2.0 is now a more professional and reliable system, running
almost independent from the intervention of the members of the OLC
team.

The current functionality of the OLC will be the same and the migration
to OLC 2.0 will be step by step. Thank you for you patience with any
potential problems during this transition.
As always we welcome your feedback in regards of errors or functional
problems. Please email your feedback to:

The OLC team is looking forward to the successful implementation of the
new OLC Software.

Your OLC/Segelflugszene team