Old October 14th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Christopher Brian Colohan

Default Cell phones on GA aircraft

I'm confused -- I thought in a previous thread you said you lived in
Paris? If so, why does the FCC matter? (Or am I wrong about where
you live...?)

Chris
---
Mxsmanic writes:
I know the FCC says you're not supposed to use cell phones on an
aircraft (even though recent studies show that such use does not
overload multiple base stations, as the FCC originally feared).
However, has anyone tried it on small aircraft? There is some concern
about cell phones interfering with avionics on commercial airliners
(the jury is still out for most scenarios), but I don't know if the
phones make any difference on a small plane. I suppose it depends on
how much of a glass cockpit you have. Will anyone admit to using
phones on a GA aircraft?