Old August 25th 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

Default Thinking, thinking...........

I'm currently looking at a couple of A/C kits as a Project for next year
(all things being equal) and while I am still relatively new to this flying
thing I do know I want something a bit quicker than a Thruster but not as
expensive as something like the CTsw (http://www.ctflight.co.za/about.html)
at around $150,000 AU, and the fact that this doesn't appear to be a kit is
against it for a start :-)
I want something low wing, 2 seater side by side, tricycle landing gear (not
fond of tail draggers) and cruise at 110kts+ It needs to fall into RA Aus
regulations so 600kg MTOW no more than 2 seats, and if I want to fly into
controlled air space at a later date it needs a certified aero engine so no
VW's or Subbies, the two that take my eye at the moment are the Morgan
Aeroworks Sierra 100
(http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~gk...ent/sierra.htm) Its a 2
seater, dual controls, Jabiru 125hp, low wing and all metal construction (an
area that I feel comfortable in) the other is the Arion Lightning
(http://www.lightningaircraft.com.au/index.html) also a 2 seater side by
side, low wing A/C but its composite (last thing I made that was fiberglass
was a canoe back in high school [and I'm 48 now])
The Sierra has more room for improvement in my opinion as I can lengthen the
fus (empennage looks way to stubby for my liking) and is easily trailerable
(A big plus when hangar space is at a premium at my local airport) Looking
at a semi glass cockpit as well but at the moment I don't see that as being
all that important.
anything else I should be looking at ??
I am at your collective mercy :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]