Old October 26th 11, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Hansen

Default Changing Names On a thread makes it disapper?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:08:08 -0400, "vaughn"
wrote:

"S. Murry" wrote in message
news
On my computer, the thread stays put, even if renamed. I'm using the Opera
reader.

Same deal with Outlook Express. It just leaves the renamed thread buried down
inside the original thread.

I'm using an old (1.21/32 from 1999) version of Free Agent. When the
subject of a follow-up to a message is changed, a separate thread is
created. So the old messages remain under the original thread title,
and the new messages show up under the new title.

But that's only because I have the option checked in the preferences
dialog. Perhaps your newsreaders have a similar option?

-=Dave