Old September 17th 19, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

54-40.... the following is from an American web site,, Thought.Com: “The exception to the 49th parallel boundary is that it turns south in the channel separating Vancouver Island from the mainland and then turns south and then west through the Juan de Fuca Strait. This maritime portion of the boundary wasn't officially demarcated until 1872.“

So, no one recorded what happens with the 49th east of Buffalo Point MN. A short jog north then a sharpie scrawl south and east to 41.7 degrees in Pt Pelee ONTARIO. Even at the Atlantic the border is still just 44.7. We negotiated well and made sure your surveyors were always Screeched in.

No wonder your children drive down from Detroit in winter with roof racks loaded with skis. Geography failed them in college.

Quoting: “We take great pride in the quality of our content. We produce fact-based, unbiased, well-researched articles that acknowledge the validity of all viewpoints. ThoughtCo articles include a source list to support the writer’s claims and to enable readers to explore the topic further.”

Hmmm, who needs sharpies with websites like that at your disposal?

Canadian educators do not use Wikipedia wannabes to teach geography. We send out explorers who draw real maps for us. Many died in the ice up but those who made it back drew nice maps.

And we learned our Eh-B-C’s. Sorry.