Old January 24th 20, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Affordable Oxygen

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:44:33 PM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Using medical O2 for aviation...

I thought we settled this twenty years ago.

https://www.avweb.com/features/pelic...elders-oxygen/

Medical, welding, and aviator's breathing oxygen are all produced using the same processes and equipment. Not just similar. They're all the exact same stuff from the same tap.

The only differences are what they're dispensed into and how they're used. The requirements for purity and cleanliness in all compressed oxygen applications are such that the baseline specifications for all are the same.

--Bob K.