Old November 30th 03, 01:22 PM
Janusz Kesik

But isn't this already possible with the Club Class?

Well, not really. The Clubs consist mostly of the aging standard class =
gliders (first it was a different class truly, but now it's the mostly =
made of the old standards) and they're most often harder to drive than =
the PW-5. For someone who had flown thousand of hours it has virtually =
no importance, but for someone with 50 hours the importance of this fact =
may be really big. I know what I am saying, just because I had flown the =
PW-5 and the Jantar Standard (41a) for the first time in almost the same =
week, and I assure You, there's a huge difference in handling, =
especially if one lands in a limited area paddock and has low number of =
hours logged. I just remember from these flights that the PW-5 is just =
the fun to fly, and the Jantar Standard experience was a bit stressing =
in the first few flights, even if I had large amount of hours in Cobra. =
Following this track, I'd say the PW-5 gives more possibilities for a =
low time pilot to feel the spirit of racing, still keeping his flying =
very safe and allowing to learn racing from the very basics and =
practicing the fundamentals of cross country flying including e.g. =
altitude management which surely will show it's interest rate later, if =
one will switch to hotter ships. Plus of course the NEW PW-5 is one of =
the most affordable on the market, but it's a second thread. Personally =
if I was to buy a new glider, I'd choose between Junior and PW-5 only.

Regards,

--=20
Janusz Kesik

visit