Old July 3rd 20, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Smith

Default FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 9:46:20 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
I searched and did not find that this topic was already posted on RAS.

Here's the video that documents the infraction https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_lo go

Here's Bruno's recent comment:

2 weeks ago
Update 10 months later: I uploaded this video and 4 days later had over 200k views. The video got reported and the FAA had serious concerns with this performance/flight. Lesson learned: Don't fly any kind of performance for any group or crowd (even if asked by the airshow management and cleared through the airboss) if you are NOT an approved airshow performer (have something called a SAC card)!!! The FAA will surely come after you with violations. The end result for me: $$ thousands spent on legal fees and I will soon be taking a 7 month break from flying. I was told I was very luck to not lose my license over this. Yikes! Why am I sharing all this? I only had good intentions of showing what a glider is capable of doing, but I am not a trained airshow performer and I didn't know the rules for airshow performances. If in doubt - don't do it! I hope this will help other pilots to not have to go through what I have over the last 10 months. Cheers and stay safe! Bruno - B4

Bruno, that is a bummer, Sorry to hear about this. Always enjoy your videos. Hope to see you back in the air ASAP. Rich Smith ZD