Old September 3rd 05, 11:16 AM
Cub Driver

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:49:26 GMT, "Allen"
wrote:

had nothing but her purse with her. She was asked where her
belongings were, she said she didn't need any, the Red Cross would take care
of her.

I suppose she needed the purse because of the photo ID?

Or Medicaid card.

I suppose what we're doing here is a classic example of blaming the
victim. I do not ordinarily watch TV except during invasions and
natural calamities, but I have to say that when my wife asks if this
is to be dinner with Smiling Charlie Gibson or out on the porch, I now
opt for the porch. I can't bear to watch the New Orleans coverage, and
not because of the damage. It's the people!

Reminds me of an Englishman I knew in Frankfurt years ago. A friend of
his had been at Dunkirk during the great evacuation in May 1940.

What was it like?

"My dear chap," answered the friend. "The noise. The smell. The
PEOPLE."

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: