Old December 17th 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cambridge Vario Front Glass

Your variometer is a vintage Cambridge CVS40, 50 or CVS60 depending on the
display being in Knots, feet or M/S (all are the same, just different
markings on the dial).this variometer is quite "vintage" from the late
1960's to mid 70's....and may not be worthy of your efforts to repair but if
you give me a call I have a few of these here that are non-functional
(probably could be repaired....but..why?? ..) if you'll pay the postage,
I'd be happy to send you one for free that you can scavenge the glass face
plate from ....
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Sandy Stevenson" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have care and feeding of an older model Cambridge electric vario. The
front glass has been cracked, and I need to try to find a replacement.
The only ID my AME can find on the casing is the following part number:
500-1119-9005 If anyone can identify the model number and, more
importantly, where I might source a new front glass for it, I'd greatly
appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Sandy Stevenson.