Old August 17th 04, 04:03 PM
Neb Okla

wrote in message
"Neb Okla" wrote:

You probably should find the local authorities that first responded
(fire dept, etc) and tell them that you have the tape. The NTSB,
which investigates these incidents, will contact you if they want it.
My experience with these guys is that they operate as "Don't call us,
we'll call you". If you try to go direct, be prepared for a lot of
frustration and hoops to jump through.

I'm just going to mail a copy to the pilot. He can decide what he wants to
do with it.

Photos and detailed discussion here (including a post by the pilot):

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t124254p1/

That link did not work for me. I think its a "members only" site and
I am not a member.

The pilot asked the forum operator to censor discussion of the crash. One
reason why I prefer not to use public forums. Stuff has a habit of
"disappearing".

Since the pilot is a friend of a friend of a friend, I'll refrain from
publicly releasing the video until I get his permission.

I do have advise for other pilots though. If you don't want your crash to
be caught on tape and put on the Internet, don't fly it around a hoard of IT
guys with digital camcorders. Being an R/C Helicopter event people meeting
this criteria were a large part of the demographic.