Old December 23rd 03, 12:15 PM
Cub Driver

My question is, there were two A bombs dropped, but only one by the
Enola Gay. Why no controversy over the display of Bockscar?

For the same reason that 60,000-90,000 dead at Hiroshima weighs less
in the balance than 100,000 dead in the Tokyo fire-bombing.

Enola Gay was a leap into the new world, rather like the Wright Flyer,
so we get excited about these vehicles. I have seen Bockscar, and I
saw the partial display of Enola Gay in 1995, but I am really looking
forward to seeing the whole aircraft at Udvar-Hazy next month. That is
the plane that carried The Bomb and that ended the war, in a way
unrivaled by any other aircraft of the hundreds of thousands that flew
in harm's way from 1937 to 1945.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at