Old June 10th 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Default Glider Financing

I initially financed through the Lea County people in Hobbs. Glad the option was there, but the terms were rough. I then took my case to my employer's credit union, where it was turned down. Even though they serve aviation professionals, they told me they don't do sailplanes. I briefly considered calling it a boat like the old days of glider financing (It's a sail[mumble], made out of fiberglass, and comes with a trailer. Then I decided to build my case for my credit union, and had a valuation assessment done by one of the repairshops that imports and had specific experience with my bird. After a long process, and agreeing to use the trailer as part of the collateral with the glider, I ended up with 2.99% and a new respect for credit unions' willingness to work something out. Have since moved all my stuff away from big bank and over to them.

Jordan
ASW20 E