Old January 9th 04, 12:47 AM
Dave

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
Yes but we can't do unconventional and never have been able to. As long

as
we try to fight them with US heavy weapons, we're going to lose.
Counter-insurgency and winning hearts and minds are not our strong suits.

You can say that again. You cannot even win the hearts of your friends.

, "Dave"
writes:

It is always the case when you have two sides convinced that they and

only
they are right and have god and justice blah, blah, blah on their side.

The outcome is a continued escalation

This is only true if the two sides are morte or less evenly matched. We

aren't.

They have reached the limts of their escalation, and perhaps have even

lost the
capablilty of even equaling their past efforts, and we have barely

scratched
the surface of our conventional capabilities. And should they succceed

in
another major attack, we can go WAY beyond conventional.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL