Old March 5th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Soaring Music Video -- Marfa, Texas

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 3:28:20 PM UTC-6, Duster wrote:
Excellent video production and original "score". That's Burt at 2:00.

Mike

The producer, singer / songwriter is the well-known fashion and commercial videographer J. Brian King of SUNKING Studios in Coconut Grove, Florida. Brian and I were in our first three successful bands together circa 1964 to 1966 in Miami. We lost touch for decades and then he got wind of Marfa as a film location (Giant, No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood.) Researching the art and music community of Marfa on the internet he found "Marfa Gliders" and discovered that I had made the move to Marfa from Miami to continue my glider flight school and sing in an oldies band. He realized that my life was a great theme for a song. He really captured the "Marfa Mystique" in both the lyrics, written before he had even visited me in Marfa, and the subsequent video he filmed here in January 2017. The two-step dancers are my local tow pilot / CFIG Cade and his gal Rafael. One of my favorite scenes is when I fly my towplane's shadow over the dancers by my pickup truck by my hangar. We nailed it on the first take, like many of the scenes in the video around Marfa town.