Old March 6th 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Soaring Music Video -- Marfa, Texas

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 10:15:36 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 10:21:03 AM UTC-6, IA DPE wrote:
Very nice, Burt!

Great story, song and video, Brian and Burt. I'm eager to visit you to see what Marfa's all about!

Chuck

Let me know when you might visit as I travel occasionally conducting FREE "Site Surveys" of clubs for the Soaring Safety Foundation (no flying when I'm away.)

Lots of soaring history here since 1960 and my big hangar is the location of the 15th National Landmark of Soaring as designated by our National Soaring Museum in Elmira, NY. The 5,000' msl high Marfa Plateau is surrounded by mountains and is where "The Sun Ship Game" movie was filmed at the 1969 US National Contest. Wonderful scenery, grasslands (no oil), a big blue sky, the stars at night, art and music year-round. More about my activities on my Facebook page as "Burton Compton."

E-mail me to discuss your plans (please don't show up without letting me know in advance!)