Old December 11th 18, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Smart Phone Software

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 2:57:27 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the next version, or are there better options out there? I'm also considering using an iPad for a digital display, but again am wondering what software to use.

XCSoar and Top Hat are GREAT free Android apps that allow tasks, turnpoints and glide caculations based on McCready theory, etc. Connecting to a smart vario allow 2 way communication between the vario and app. Android phones that were flagships one or two generation ago can be purchased for under $200.00.

Mike