Old December 12th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Van de Velde

Default Smart Phone Software

All of those things are either available through the S100 or your Android device The S100 has water and flap sensor inputs and can connect directly to my Trig radio for frequency setting. XCSoar has bi-directional integration with the S100 so you can set McReady, tasks, radio, etc. from your Android while getting the S100's flight and FLARM data. I do envy the weather integration overlay though. Hopefully the XCSoar and SkySight teams make progress on building their own integration. For now, I can access Skysight directly on my phone. On the plus, I do get a higher resolution screen with a tablet and find it more convenient to manipulate when mounted near my mice boom, where sunlight is a non-issue. I also find touch more convenient than fiddling with dial knobs and buttons. Not bad for $2,000.