Old May 8th 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default FAA proposes AD on Schempp-Hirth Discus 2 and Ventus 2

At 11:48 08 May 2016, Eric Munk wrote:
Discus-2b "RO" is good too... 5-8 mm overlap everywhere.
I saw where the EASA is proposing to make it an inspection
by owner thing, at least to check the overlap. If it were to be
out of tolerance, fixing it would be another matter.

Not just proposing. See http://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/2016-0027R1

EASA AD 2016-0027R1 superseded the original AD 2016-0027 after

only 8 days
R1 changed this from a LAME-inspection only to allow a Pilot-Owne
inspection to comply.

Thanks,
Now we'll have to see if the FAA follows suit..
RO