Old July 5th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

Default IS28-B2 Operators-help request

Hello. As part of the investigation into the recent fatal crash of
Greater Houston Soaring Association's IS28-B2 "Lark" glider, the NTSB has
asked for our help in putting them in touch with operators of this type.
They would like to verify our weight and balance data by collecting weight
and balance data from other operators. Also, if anyone has any first-hand
reports of having flown (or witnessed a flight) with the tail dolly
attached, they would like to speak with you.

Whether or not you operate this type, you may be interested in looking at
the preliminary NTSB report for the accident:
http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/br...18X10736&key=1

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a party to this investigation and
am prohibited from releasing any additional information that is not
covered in the NTSB's public announcements. The preliminary report
mentioned above, though, fairly well summarizes the main points that we
know at this time.

If you operate an IS28-B2 and are willing to help out by providing W&B
data, please e-mail me privately at sjmurry (at) comcast (dot) net
(replace "at" and "dot" with the appropriate symbols). I'll put you in
touch with the NTSB investigator in charge.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Stefan Murry